Application Deployment Support Engineer
- Maintain TurningPoint’ s proprietary web based enterprise resource planning (ERP) application and associated computing environment currently used by several government agencies by providing hardware and software system support.
- Identify system improvements, upgrades, install software releases/patches, and configure application and monitor system performance using J2EE technologies (EJB, JSP XML), Java technologies, and using scripting languages such as Perl, Unix/Windows OS, Jboss and WebLogic, and writing SQL statements.
- Maintain the database integrity, monitor data upload process, and fix any issues resulting in data integrity or fallout issues.
- Ensure application is available to user community 100% of the time by monitoring the various aspects of the application and associated hardware.
- Write SQL scripts for data dump and uploading of data into Oracle RDBMS.
- Perform database integrity checks, ensure index tables are kept current. Use Java/J2EE based web application deployment process, debugging process, and review Application Server log files in Linux/Unix environment.
- Write Unix shell scripts, TCP/IP and provide LAN configuration & trouble shooting.
Education/Experience: Master’s degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field and one (1) year or more experience or a Bachelor's in Computer Science or related Engineering field and five (5) years experience in design and development of web based applications and systems.
Job Location: Rockville, MD
Click Here to contact Human Resources via email.